Tuesday, November 26, 2013

About Today: The Two-Day Panic 'til Thanksgiving Begins... Now!

If you can't see this email, click here

About


My friend Emily started polishing her silver two weeks ago in preparation for two dozen people (not including herself) that she's feeding. Meanwhile, I just finished eating the pie I'm bringing. Er, was supposed to bring.

Thanksgiving for Dummies
Let me say straight away that you aren't a dummy about Thanksgiving. Unless you are depending on me for solid advice. I mean, I'm still learning what a turkey eats for a Thanksgiving supper.

Show Off Your Unusual Sides
Who says you have to make stuffing and potatoes (other than me)? Look, just because I make a sandwich of stuffing and mashed potatoes (it's called a cloud sandwich), doesn't mean you can't be more creative.
Search Related Topics:  thanksgiving  fall vegetables  side dishes

The After Meal Meal
Last time we all got together at Emily's, there were -I'm not making this up- 700,000 pies. I mean calories inside the pies. I had to walk on a treadmill until Christmas morning to work it all off. Which pies are you making?

If All Else Fails: Drink It Down
If it turns out you can't get it together, do like my aunt used to do. Mix up three of these and tell people they can make their own @#%$ turkey and that they already know where they can put the stuffing.
Search Related Topics:  thanksgiving day  vodka cocktails  fruit cocktails


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Host a Friendsgiving
10 Tips to Beat Loneliness This Thanksgiving
Who Pays For Political Campaigns?
How to Soundproof a Room
What If I Can't Afford to Save for Retirement?
What To Do If Your Health Care Plan Is Cancelled

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment