Tuesday, December 24, 2013

About Today: It's Tomorrow, You Know

If you can't see this email, click here

About


If you haven't finished shopping for your significant other yet, it's my duty to inform you that you have about 18 minutes to get out of town and change your name. That's my plan. I haven't decided which is going to be more stressful: getting a new driver's license or coming up with a new name. "El Matador Gigante" has already been taken.

Holiday Stress Tips
We all deal with stress in different ways, of course, but I don't recommend drinking as your way to deal with holiday stress. That's reserved for work days.
Search Related Topics:  understanding stress  holiday stress  stress relief

Handling Divorce and Holidays
It took me 35 years to figure out that my dad didn't leave me a present at the side door on Christmas Eve. Each year I'd ask why he didn't come in, why he didn't say hello. Divorce is tough on kids and tough on everyone during the holidays.

Ain't A Party Until There's Party Stress
I can't deal with parties. I either hide behind the punch bowl or just start playing with the food that's out. Turns out few people will eat baked ziti after you've made a fort out of it. I thought crumbled up potato chips made a pretty snowfall effect. So, long story short, learn to deal with party stress better than I do.
Search Related Topics:  introversion  introverts  small talk

Stress and Smoking
I don't even smoke and can feel the weird urge to light up when booze is around and/or it's a stressful moment. How folks deal with the urge around the holiday is a mystery to me.


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Do Your Kids Have Affluenza?
Movies You'll Watch Through Your Fingers
Funniest Hashtags of 2013
How Bad is Junk for My Body?
10 Gadgets to Organize Your Desk
The Filibuster Rule Change Explained

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment