Thursday, December 5, 2013

About Today: Winterize That Thing!

If you can't see this email, click here

About


The weather is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the Earth. I smell it in the air. Mostly, I feel it in the water because my hot water heater broke this morning.

Is Your Car Ready?
My winterizing routine for my car is to pre-write the goodbye note to my wife for when I get stuck in the snow and have no way out. I'm a preparer! Anyway, it's December. Get your car ready already!

Cold-Proof Your Home
It's articles like this that make me glad I live in an apartment. Purge the sprinkler system? Clear the chimney? Wrap the pipe? I don't think these things mean what I think they mean.

Seniors Are at Greater Risk?
My biggest gripe about the cold is how much it hurts. Getting out bed. Tying my shoes. Blinking. There is some positive to all of this, however. In six months I can just change "cold" to "heat" and easily reuse this blurb. So why are seniors at greater risk in the cold?
Search Related Topics:  senior safety  age-related illness 

Free Stuff!
I've decided to interrupt this regularly scheduled newsletter with some breaking news. We're giving away money! In the spirit of the upcoming holiday and to remove this chill from the air, I've been authorized to give this away: Go, go, go!


Related Searches
Featured Articles
How We Fool Ourselves Into Believing We Get What We Want
Why Didn't the US Budget Didn't Pass Congress
What is Asparagus Extract Used For?
How to Save Attachments to Google Drive
If You Block Someone on Twitter, Do They Know?
Why Weigh Ingredients When Baking

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment